Thursday 23 April 2015

Life after Phyllodes Operation



Assalamualaikum, good people! :)

                So yeah, the pathology result has proven that the tumor that grown in my left breast was a low grade phyllodes tumor mamma sinistra, which classified in borderline malignant class of phyllodes. It can be a cancer if it’s malignant, Alhamdulillah, mine was not. Like I shared earlier by this post(link) my surgery was on 9th March 2015 and just right after that I have been starting a whole new life, totally a 180 degrees different from before. Why is that so? Because I personally afraid of any kind of lump, tumor or cancer to grow in my body, I do not want to undergo a third surgery, I do not want to let anyone who loves me to worry about my health condition and yes, I am trying my best to take good care of this life given to me. Prevention is definitely better than cure! 

Get rid of all Processed Food in the Kitchen


Image From Here



                Well, who doesn’t love processed food? In this kind of era we are living, processed food makes our life lot easier. If we want to eat meat but have limited time, just grab a pack of sausages that claimed to be good for your health and kids at its commercial. But the reality is totally opposite! Imagine that you are eating a pack of whole parts of cow, meat, blood, intestine and that’s for sure not coming from one cow, but many of them! Gross, isn’t? But previously, I don’t bother about it, I just keep on cooking it and eat it whenever I want because it’s not just quick to prepare but nice in taste too. There are more processed food in the market, for example cereals (yes, you have to realize this!), instant coffee (it’s not even real coffee), nuggets, French fries and many more! What a sad truth. So, what am I practicing now? Buy fresh food! Fresh vegetables, try my best to get organic vegetables and fruits and cook them by myself. Even though it does take time to prepare and cook it, but then for the sake of my health, I should do it. Precautions are the most important thing after having a borderline malignant remove from my body.  And if I do want to have French fries or hashbrown, I better make it from scratch!

Replace Dairy Product with Non-dairy Product

Image From Here


                Most of tumor/cancer survivor and doctors recommended having a dairy free diet to avoid the source of malignant cells to grow, which mostly came from saturated fat in the animal. Previously, my favorite was UHT chocolate milk from a local brand and also fruit yogurt (that they claim to be good for digestion). Anytime I went to the supermarket, I will definitely grab both items into my shopping basket. But after doing research on how it can become an easy source of cancerous cells to grow, I changed my milk into nut milk like almond and cashew. I bought the nuts online (in Balikpapan it’s quite hard to find raw organic nuts) and make my own nut milk at home. I make it by adding water and dates to give natural sweet taste and blender them together. I keep the nut milk for two days, because it used no preservative and I always wanted to have fresh milk daily. Currently, the nut milk I made is drink by itself, added to green smoothie, added to overnight rolled oat and also chia pudding. Definitely it tastes better than usual milk from cow! Even though I can buy nut milk from online shop in Balikpapan, but I prefer to make it by myself to ensure its originality and safety. :)

Start Consuming Super Food 


Image From Here


                Based on doctor’s advice, I should consume a lot of high anti-oxidant in my daily life. Why is that so? Anti-oxidant is hopefully be able to block my body from free radical and cancerous factor because cancer may not only cause by food we eat, but also environment. The air we breathe is no longer pure and like myself, most of the times Im using public transportation wherever I go, being exposed to active smokers cannot be avoided. So, where does this anti-oxidant come from? My doctor’s said I should consume vitamin E, because that’s the simplest source of it. But then, since I have become phobia of anything that is factory made, I turn myself into superfood product. What is superfood? Superfood is type of food that claims to bring various health benefits to human. Based on The Macmillan Dictionary, superfood is defined as food that is considered to be very good for your healt and that may even help some medical condition. Honestly, I am not putting my 100% trust on this superfood to cure me, but this is purely my effort to get better. All power of healing belongs to Allah. Anyway, what kind of superfood I’ve been consuming? You name it, I have taste it all! haha. Chia seed, flaxseed, goji berry, maca powder are some of superfoods in my pantry. How do I consume them? Add them to my daily meal such as smoothie, pancake, and make them into pudding and few more creations so that I can actually eat them easy. 


                That’s are some of my efforts in improving my health condition, there are more actually. Hoepfully will share it in my next post and InsyaAllah my progress post-operation. :)
 


-MS-

6 comments:

  1. Wish you all the best for the days to come :)

    Have a nice weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Shaa Allah cepat pulih ya, Mbak.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hai mba malisa..
    Perkenalkan saya cindy. Mama saya tahun 2013 terkena ca mamae sinistra jenis phyllodes maligna. Tapi kita harus tetap semangat yah Mba ;)
    Nah, saya baca Mba suka minum susu dari kacang2an salah satunya cashew. Padahal setelah kemoterapi selesai, dokter mama saya berpesan supaya mama saya pantang 3 jenis kacang: kacang tanah, kedelai, dan mete/cashew. Apa mba pernah mendengar tentang pantangan 3 jenis kacang ini? Mungkin ada baiknya kalau Mba tanyakan pada dokter mba tentang hal ini supaya ada konfirmasi dari ahlinya.. ☺

    Terima kasih untuk sharingnya mba.. tetap sehat tetap semangat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hai mba malisa..
    Perkenalkan saya cindy. Mama saya tahun 2013 terkena ca mamae sinistra jenis phyllodes maligna. Tapi kita harus tetap semangat yah Mba ;)
    Nah, saya baca Mba suka minum susu dari kacang2an salah satunya cashew. Padahal setelah kemoterapi selesai, dokter mama saya berpesan supaya mama saya pantang 3 jenis kacang: kacang tanah, kedelai, dan mete/cashew. Apa mba pernah mendengar tentang pantangan 3 jenis kacang ini? Mungkin ada baiknya kalau Mba tanyakan pada dokter mba tentang hal ini supaya ada konfirmasi dari ahlinya.. ☺

    Terima kasih untuk sharingnya mba.. tetap sehat tetap semangat!

    ReplyDelete